While reading the news at times, I wonder why no one is talking about ways that may help prevent ANY virus: boosting the immune system.
The truth is, those who die from the flu do not actually die from the virus but rather a compromised immune system.
And you get this from a lack of basics needed for good health: sunlight (Vitamin D is the sunshine vitamin and I measure this blood test often), exercise, nutrient-dense food, clean water, overexposure to toxins via diet, lifestyle and environment.
Top 10 ways to boost your immune system:
1. WASH hands thoroughly and often.
2. AVOID CROWDS when possible.
3. EXERCISE. If you can’t, move your body as best you can.
4. ADEQUATE sleep in a dark room. Boost melatonin production and glymphatic activity.
5. Sun gazing and exposing your skin to the sun.
5. Eat FRUITS and VEGETABLES. Green leafy ones. Those that are high in vitamin C are also bell peppers and brussel sprouts. Also eat garlic, ginger, turmeric. The more color the better, fruits richest in vitamin C are berries, pomegranates, and citrus.
6. Eat RAW NUTS and SEEDS (zinc rich). Sprouted pumpkin and sunflower seeds are best.
7. AVOID REFINED SUGARS as they can shut down your immune system for hours after ingestion.
8. SUPPLEMENT the above with: elderberry, colostrum, liquorice, selenium (3 brazil nuts per day), colloidal silver, Vitamin A, C, E, high Vitamin D+K2 and medicinal grade mushrooms.
9. Reduce STRESS LEVELS. Identify what upsets you and create solutions to resolve it
So as the world grows more concerned about the viruses, defend yourself as you would any type of virus: adhere to a healthy lifestyle and build up our immune system.
This article is for educational purposes only and does not advocate self-diagnosis. Due to individual variability, consultation with a licensed health professional, such as a naturopathic physician is highly recommended prior to starting a natural treatment plan.
-Dr Diana Semjonov, ND
0 Comments Leave a comment