Servings: 8 servings (1 serving = one level cup)
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free steel cut oats (recommended brand: https://onedegreeorganics.com/products/organic-sprouted-steel-cut-oats-us/)
1. Add water to saucepan, and bring to a boil.
2. Add the salt and oats, and stir.
3. Cover and remove from heat. Place in refrigerator on a hot pad, and leave overnight.
4. In the morning, reheat the oatmeal over low heat. (You may need to add a bit of water to achieve desired consistency.)
5. Refrigerate what you don’t eat.
Tips: Add modest portions of nuts, seeds, fruits, and spices, as desired and to add nutritional balance, if meal plan allows.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 128; Fat (g): 2; Sat. Fat (g): trace; Chol (mg): 0; Sodium (mg): 123; Carb (g): 22; Fiber (g): 4; Protein (g): 5