These are my tried and true recipe of incredibly fluffy cookies.
These are Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Grain-free, Refined sugar-free, Vegan option.
Makes 15 medium sized cookies. Takes around 30 minutes to make.
- 1 egg (or flax egg for vegan option)
- 3 Tbsp monk fruit or erythritol sweetener + 3 Tbsp water (alternative: 3 Tbsp maple syrup or 3 Tbsp coconut sugar + 3 Tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup almond butter or any other nut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk or water
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup or more dark chocolate chips (choose 70% cocoa content dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In large bowl, whisk egg* then pour in sweetener of choice, melted coconut oil, nut butter, vanilla and almond milk/water to whisk again.
- Stir in almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and some of the sea salt. Fold in chocolate chunks, leaving several chocolate chunks aside.
- Place parchment paper over a baking sheet and use a spoon and spatula to drop batter, dividing it into cookies. Place the last several pieces of chocolate over the top, sprinkle sea salt on top, then place in the oven for about 12-15 minutes on the center rack.
*Variation for egg free/vegan option: Use a flax egg. 1 Egg= 1 Tbsp ground flaxseeds with 3 Tbsp water and let sit for 5 minutes before adding to recipe in place of egg.